Sunday, August 25, 2013

Biscoff Swirl Blondies

A couple of weeks ago,we had some friends over for dinner. It was just a casual pizza gathering, but that doesn't mean that dessert should be ignored!  I decided on blondies that night, and they were a big hit.  But it sparked an idea that I just couldn't shake.

Blondies are really a great base. They can be customized in so many ways to suit any craving, taste or preference.

So why not incorporate my new addiction into some blondies??

And thus I decided to make Biscoff blondies.

My go-to base blondie recipe comes from Smitten Kitchen. It's super simple and super adaptable.

The first thing that I did was substitute a quarter of the butter called for in the recipe with Biscoff, to add the flavor to the base of the cookie bar.


Once the batter was spread into the pan, though, it was time to go nuts. I scooped spoons of Biscoff right onto the batter and swirled them in as best I could.


The result was a little rough...


... but I was pretty sure that there would be Biscoff-y goodness in every bite, so into the oven they went.

These baked up beautifully - all golden and delicious. But there was one problem.


I seriously could not stop eating them. With little pockets of Biscoff throughout, these double cookie-cookie  bars (cookie butter + cookie bar... make sense??) were seriously delicious. Like, dangerously so.


I really meant to have one of these with a scoop of ice cream (ice cream makes everything  better, right? and I thought it would make a nice photo...), but... umm... they didn't last long enough. Oops. I guess I'll just have to make them again!


Biscoff Swirl Blondies
(based on the base recipe from Smitten Kitchen)

6 tablespoons butter, melted (I didn't melt my butter this time - just let it get super soft on the counter...)
2 tablespoons Biscoff (cookie  butter)
1 cup brown sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
1 cup all-purpose flour
approximately 1/4 cup Biscoff for swirling.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and butter an 8×8 pan (or spray with nonstick cooking spray).
Mix melted/softened butter, 2 tablespoons of Biscoff and brown sugar, beating well until smooth. Beat in egg, then vanilla.
Add salt, then stir in the flour.
Spread dough into prepared pan.  Scoop spoonsful of Biscoff (approximately one and a half teaspoons for each scoop, but you don't have to measure) around the surface of the dough, spacing them around somewhat evenly. Using a dull knife or sturdy spatula, swirl the Biscoff throughout the batter.
Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes, or until set in the middle. 
Cool on rack before cutting them.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails