Friday, March 20, 2015

March Sourdough Surprises - Choose Your Own Adventure!

You know what's awesome? Sourdough Surprises has reached their third anniversary! That's thirty six months of sourdough deliciousness - and you've stuck along with me for the ride!! How cool is that??

To celebrate the third anniversary, Sourdough Surprises offered participants a chance to choose any recipe we wanted from all those we've made over the last three years - try one we missed, repeat one that we wanted a do-over on... whatever the reason, just choose your own sourdough adventure this month!

With thirty six amazing and varied recipes to choose from, you can imagine how difficult it was to make my final selection. But I based my decision on what my family liked best, and that happened to have been a very recent challenge - steamed buns!

 

Last time I made bacon cheeseburger buns. This time, I tried chicken enchilada buns. The filling was made from shredded chicken smothered in delicious, tangy enchilada sauce.



I made two varieties - without cheese, for little man, and with... for the rest of us. Aside from the fact that the buns lost their shape during the steaming process, these were a fun and delicious take on the Mexican meal.

I can't wait to see what meal I'll turn into a bun next!


So what did you choose? Which sourdough surprise did you attempt this moth? Link up and share!!



3 comments:

  1. Love the flavorful filling in these bao -- fun fusion food for this sourdough challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the filling that you chose. I should revisit buns soon. I really loved them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't made Steamed buns yet, but you have convinced me to give it a go~ Lynn @ Turnips 2 Tangerines

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails