Friday, March 26, 2010

Same ingredients, different dinner

I seriously wasn't planning on posting tonight, but had an interesting deja vu experience while prepping dinner tonight.

I was sauteeing onions and red peppers, and getting the leftover chicken out of the fridge when it hit me. This was exactly what I was doing 24 hours ago, but for a completely different meal.

Last night I made, for lack of a better name, fajita rice - shredded chicken with sauteed onions and red peppers over rice, topped with salsa, sour cream, fresh-made guacamole and more baked tortilla strips. (I wish I had taken a picture, because it was delicious and pretty!) Tonight I was making a chinese style stir fry, also served over rice.

And if you were to tell me that I had to make a completely different type of meal tomorrow, also using sauteed onions and peppers, even if you said it had to include rice, I could do it. How cool is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails