Monday, September 20, 2010

Chocolate Chip Cookies, Little Miss Style

So you all see how involved little miss is in the kitchen. It amazes me every time we step in the kitchen how much more she can do.

So I decided to give her the opportunity to go it (mostly) alone, just to see what would happen.

I found a book at the library in the children's section, geared towards young bakers. The book includes a lot of photographs of the ingredients and the process, and is laid out in a very kid friendly way. That being said, I think it was intended at kids a little older than four, but I thought she was up for the challenge. I let her go through the book and choose any recipe she wanted, and she chose chocolate chip cookies. Love that girl. :)

I pulled out all of the ingredients, bowls, spoons and measuring cups, and then I just stood back, read off a couple of directions, and let her have at it.

She measured out all of the ingredients:









She cracked the eggs:









She beat in the flour. By hand. Even mastering the use of the spatula to help loosen the dough that got stuck on the spoon:









She added in the chips:









And she shaped the cookies:









(yes, her hands were washed many times throughout this process...)

Then came the one part that I wouldn't let her do - the oven part. I put the pan into the oven, set the timer, then took the pan out when the timer went off. As for the results?









Delicious.

I think I will let her do this more often!

3 comments:

  1. I cant wait till my little one can bake with me every single weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Little Miss! The cookies look wonderful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's fun to bake with kids and it's the best bonding time together.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails