Thursday, September 2, 2010

100th Post Look-Back

In honor of hitting 100 posts on this blog, I decided to take a look back at what I've done so far this year. Actually, I recruited some help in this endeavor, and asked Daddy to put together a top ten list of his favorite posts/foods that have been shared year to date.

So without further ado, I present to you the top ten of the first 100, as prepared by Daddy (with maybe a word or two from me):

Top Ten:
1. Philly cheese steak pierogi - yeah, these were pretty good.

2. Cake Pops - something on a stick had to make the top 10. Although Kabob is more fun to say, this slightly edged it out.

3. What's a Scherben? - hmmmm....sugared puffy fried happiness. It's like Fahrvergnügen food. Seriously, this one was fun to do.

4. April Daring Bakers Challenge (Traditional British Pudding) - the chocolate one was "off your trolley".

5. Chicken Fried Rice - this was good, and we make it a lot now.

6. Rainbow Cake - best described as trippy and yummy.

7. Bread Pudding Muffins - my favorite muffin.

8. Weekend Waffles - these go with well when paired with cartoons and maple syrup.

9. Amish White Bread - we don't buy store white bread anymore. It's not bad with chocolate chips in it either...

10. Nut Butters - versatile. Mmmm, pecan encrusted chicken with a pecan sauce. Cashew dressing. Pecan butter and jelly sandwich.

11. The best popcorn in the world... - shoot... I just missed the top 10... (hey, wait - can he pick something he made???)


Honorable Mentions:
- s'mores pate - And oddly, I don't even like smores. (I know? How can he not like s'mores??)
- Golden Sweet Cornbread / Strawberry Jam - two consecutive posts that go great together.
- Crumb Cake - kinda like a certain bakery...

Favorite Post:
- Plant a seed, watch it grow...

Favorite Picture:







And now, dear reader, I have a question for you. What would you like to see me try within the next 100 posts?

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on reaching your 100th post! I'm off to check your s'mores pate. It sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails