Monday, September 22, 2014

Pan-Fried Cinnamon Sugar Bananas

Seems like all I ever post these days are challenges, doesn't it?

I suppose that's because that's... umm... most of what I've been posting.

And for that, I do apologize. Things have been super crazy - still settling into the new house, getting used to the new kitchen. little miss still settling into her new school, and even little man has started school now! I'm also doing a little bit of part-time work, volunteer coaching at little miss's school... basically keeping super busy!

But, whether I'm posting or not, we're still eating, of course, and it's still fun to experiment with new recipes!

So I was recently looking around for something new and fun to try and came across something that looked too easy and delicious not to try - pan fried bananas.

And it's really just as easy as it sounds.

Start with some ripe bananas and slice them up.


You don't want to go too thin on your slices, because they'll disintegrate as they cook, and yo don't to make them so thick that they won't cook through...

Then pop them on a sautee pan, sprayed with cooking spray, over medium  heat.

Once they start smelling good, sprinkle the tops with some cinnamon sugar. I didn't measure, just did a light sprinkle - probably about a teaspoon or so.


Continue cooking for another couple minutes, then carefully flip them over and sprinkle the other side with more cinnamon sugar while you're at it.

Still with me?

Now here comes the hard part. Take them off the pan and try not to eat them all at once.


I know they don't look all that impressive, and, yeah, I know I overcooked a few of them (silly me looked away from the pan to pour some orange juice for the kids...), but oh. my. gosh.


Caramalized, cinnamon-y banana-y deliciousness. In just a few minutes.


And, seriously, you can do anything with these. Add them to yogurt. Or cereal. Serve them on ice cream. Or, ahem, just dig in and gobble them all right up.

I bet you have some bananas sitting in your fruit bowl or on your counter right now. I dare you to try these. And I can't wait to hear what you think!


Pan-Fried Cinnamon Sugar Bananas
(based on Dizzy, Busy & Hungry!)

2 slightly overripe bananas (I used 3)
Cinnamon sugar to taste (anywhere from 2 teaspoons to 2 tablespoons)
non-stick cooking spray

Slice the bananas into rounds, approximately 1/3 inch thick.
Spray a large skillet with non-stick cooking spray. Warm over medium heat.
Add the banana rounds and cook for about 2-3 minutes.
During the last minute of cooking on the first side, sprinkle about half of the cinnamon sugar over the banana rounds.
Flip the rounds, sprinkle with the remaining cinnamon mixture, and cook about 2-3 more minutes, until the bananas are soft and warmed through.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails