Thursday, April 25, 2013

Peanut Butter S'mores "Quesadilla"

All over the food blogging world I have seen people posting about peanut butter and jelly quesadillas.  Two tortillas, some peanut butter, some jelly, cooked on a pan... Looked and sounded absolutely delicious, but I always had a kind of secret chuckle that these were recipe posts.

Then yesterday afternoon I was in the mood for a snack.  I thought about making a quesadilla. But I wanted something sweeter. Somehow the peanut butter and jelly quesadilla popped into my head.  But I'd already had lunch... I wanted something more fun.  And then I remembered that I had some mini marshmallows in the pantry.  Hmm... definite possibilities.

I spread some peanut butter on a tortilla, popped it onto a pan over medium heat, then sprinkled a liberal handful of mini marshmallows on top, followed by another liberal handful of chocolate chips.


Then I topped that with a second tortilla.  A few minutes later I flipped it over and saw what I was hoping for.


Ooey, gooey meltiness.

Now, once it's fully cooked, it flattens, so I wasn't able to get a good photo of the ooey, gooey deliciousness in all its ooey, gooey glory.


But trust me - warm, melty, chocolaty, sweet, salty, crisp - yeah. This was pretty much the perfect snack.


Peanut Butter S'mores "Quesadilla"
(I'm sure someone else has done this before, but I didn't follow a recipe...)

2 flour tortillas
2 tablespoons peanut butter (I used creamy, use more or less to taste)
1/4 cup (approximately) mini marshmallows
1/4 cup (approximately) chocolate chips

Place a pan big enough to hold your tortilla flat on a burner over medium to medium high heat.
Spread the peanut butter on one of the tortillas and place it on the pan (peanut butter side up). Sprinkle the marshmallows and chocolate chips over the peanut butter and top with the second tortilla.
Heat the tortilla until it becomes slightly golden brown and the peanut butter, marshmallows and chocolate chips begin to melt.
Carefully flip the whole thing over and heat on the other side until it is also golden brown and the whole thing is ooey, gooey and delicious.
Remove from heat onto serving plate and cut into wedges.

Enjoy!


1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails