Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Strawberry Orange Julius

Every month, on the reveal day for my group of the Secret Recipe Club, I try to visit the posts of as many of the participants in my group as I can. It usually takes me a couple of days, but I usually get to all of them. And they are always so inspiring - so much deliciousness!

This month, one spoke to me right away. Heather from Join Us, Pull Up A Chair, had posted this delicious looking Orange Pineapple Julius, based on the Orange Julius drink that you usually see at the mall.

Yum. It looked so good that I decided that I'd surprise the kids with that as their breakfast beverage the next morning.

Only, instead of pineapple, I used strawberries.


Yum - this delicious beverage was a fast, easy treat that both kids thoroughly enjoyed. I used coconut milk so that little man could share and I think it added a yummy sweetness, so I actually decreased the amount of confectioners' sugar called for in the recipe to compensate. And it was perfect.


So if you're looking for a quick, delicious treat, definitely give this fruity beverage a try!


Strawberry Orange Julius
(inspired by Join Us, Pull Up A Chair)


1/2 cup orange juice
1/2 cup milk (I used coconut milk)
5 - 6 strawberries
1 Tbsp powdered sugar
handful of ice cubes

Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth and creamy. I used an immersion blender with no problem at all. Pour into a glass and serve right away.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Every summer down the shore, before we hit the beach at 9 pr 10 am, we'd grab n orange julius as our 'power breakfast', since anything else might five us food baby tummies lol I LOVE orange julius, a creamsicle in liquid form is what we used to call it. That said..the addition of strawberries sounds fantastic. Orangeberry Julius! I'm sure it wa easier than deboning a chicken, eh? lol Oh..your savarin looks amazing! I need to go check out the next challenge since I want to try and take part more :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Strawberry orange julius sounds like a great treat. Temperatures are soaring into the 30s this week and I think I will make this for the kids for after school refreshment

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails